Study In New Zealand
New Zealand is unique in being the ultimate outdoor playground with excellent study opportunities. It is safe and welcoming with world-class reputation for cutting-edge research and creativity.
New Zealand universities offer academic degrees that are recognised and respected around the world. Colleges, or polytechnics, provide great vocational or English-language education.
The cost of living and tuition fees are relatively low, and there are many social and cultural experiences to discover the chance to explore the natural beauty of the islands, mountains and glaciers.
Why study in New Zealand?
All New Zealand universities provide an internationally recognised education. Programmes are usually located in one of the multicultural cities. New Zealanders often travel overseas a lot and are welcoming to other cultures.
Being so far away from the rest of the world, New Zealand universities and researchers have a good reputation for independent thinking .
How much will education cost in New Zealand?
Tuition fees and living cost compare well against other countries and students can expect to find a high standard of living.
- NZ$850 per month estimated living cost but will vary depending on the region and town/city
- Undergraduate tuition fees range from NZ$18,000 to NZ$25,000 per year.
- Postgraduate tuition fees can cost up to NZ$40,000 per year.
- Programme duration ranges from 3-4 years for undergraduate courses and 1+ years for postgraduate courses
- Medicine and some engineering programmes may be more expensive
Important information about studying in New Zealand
Before applying to study at a New Zealand university or college, it is advisable to get more information on enrolment dates, application deadlines, student visas and language requirements.
Intakes : February and July
Application deadline: April/May for July intake. Earlier for more competitive programmes.
Minimum visa requirements:
- Acceptance letter from chosen university
- Proof of funds to cover tuition fees and living expenses
English language requirement: Preferred English language test is IELTS.