Study in Canada
Canada offers world-class education, with 12 Canadian universities in the top 100 Times league tables. Tuition fees are relatively affordable, you can work while studying and for a year after graduation, and there is a great lifestyle in this beautiful and diverse country.
Canada has two official languages, English and French and hence the opportunity to learn two languages.
Why study in Canada?
Canadian higher education is highly regarded world-wide along with other English-speaking countries, and the living cost is affordable.
While studying at a Canadian university, students have access to excellent health care and find a safe and welcoming environment with a range of enjoyable activities throughout all seasons.
Most Canadian universities and colleges are located in multicultural, cosmopolitan cities, close to the border with the United States.
It is possible to work in North America after graduation for up to one year. Part-time work during studies is also allowed.
How much will education cost in Canada?
Canada offers great value for money in terms of tuition fees and living costs.
- CAN$400 - $800 per month living expenses
- CAN$6,000 to CAN$18,000 per year undergraduate tuition fees
- CAN$7,500 to CAN$33,000 per year graduate tuition fees
- Some engineering and medicine programmes tuition fees may be higher
- 3-4 years duration for undergraduate and 1+ years for postgraduate programmes
Important information about studying in Canada
Before applying to study at a Canadian university or college, it is advisable to get more information on enrolment dates, application deadlines, student visas and language requirements.
Main intake : September with a second intake in January or February
Application deadline : March/April for September intake. Earlier for more competitive programmes.
Minimum visa requirements:
- Acceptance letter from your chosen university
- Application fee
- Evidence of financial ability to cover costs (tuition and living expenses. Find out more on the Canada Citizenship and Immigration website or contact a Compare the Course counsellor
English language requirements. TOEFL is the preferred English language test. IELTS is also widely accepted.