Home  »  Blogs   »  Can you switch into the Tier 4 (General) student category?

Can you switch into the Tier 4 (General) student category?

You can switch into Tier 4 (General) without leaving the UK if you have, or were last given, permission to stay in one of the following categories:

  • Tier 1 (Post-study work)
  • Tier 2 (General)
  • Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)
  • Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
  • Tier 4 (Child)
  • prospective student
  • student (under the rules in place before 31 March 2009)
  • student re-sitting an examination
  • student nurse
  • students writing up a thesis
  • student union sabbatical officer
  • work permit holder
  • postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme
  • International Graduates Scheme
  • Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme

If you are currently in the UK in any other immigration category, you must leave the UK and apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa from your country of residence.

Blog Categories

Latest Tweets

About us | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions
Copyright © 2011 Compare the Course All rights reserved.